The Mecklenburg Medical Alliance and Endowment’s mission is to advocate for a healthier Charlotte-Mecklenburg community. Since 1982 when we established our non-proﬁt 501 (c) (3), we have granted over $1,400,000 to projects that improve the health and quality of life of the people in our community. MMAE has supported many organizations committed to building a healthier Charlotte-Mecklenburg; click here to see a list of previous recipients.
The 2014 MMAE Grant Application will be available January 3, 2014. Please visit this page again to download the application.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: February 14, 2014
2013 - 2014 Guidelines for requests for funds:
- In keeping with our mission, The Mecklenburg Medical Alliance and Endowment will consider only proposals that will promote health-related charitable, scientific and/or educational needs of Mecklenburg County.
- Priority will be given to projects that share the medical community’s commitment to improve the health and medical conditions for the citizens of our community.
- The application process is open only to non-proﬁt organizations.
- Only applications that directly benefit the people in our community will be considered. Grants for regular budgetary expenditures will not be awarded.
- Requests for funds will be made in writing using the application form when available on the MMAE website.
- Approved grants will be awarded in May 2014.
- Applications must be received by the Vice-President of Grants and Disbursements by February 14, 2014.
- Interviews may be requested by MMAE if deemed necessary.
- The applicant agrees to inform the Disbursement Committee immediately if the project is cancelled with the understanding that the grant may be requested to be returned. These grants are restricted funds and cannot be used for any purpose other than the one stated on the application.
- The applicant agrees to submit a report on the status of the project by March 31 of the following year to the Chairman of the Disbursement Committee.
Attachments to the application form should include:
1. A cover letter should address the following points:
a) Introduction to the organization requesting funds including years in operation and the mission statement of the organization.
b) Summary of the project/program including the area served.
2. Organization’s overall operating budget.
3. List of Board of Directors
4. Current By-Laws may be requested.
5. Copy of applicant’s official notice of tax-exempt status under the Internal Revenue Code.
6. Brochure or printed description material about the organization.
You can also email our Vice-President of Grants and Disbursements for more information.
Key MMAE Grants
Previous recipients of grants and awards from the Mecklenburg Medical Alliance and Endowment include:
- Hospitality House
- Teen Health Connection
- Med Assist
- Physicians Reach Out
- Charlotte Mecklenburg Police Department
- Levine Children’s Hospital
View a complete list of previous recipients of MMAE Grants and Awards.